City Colleges of Chicago is pleased to announce a new alliance with Arizona State University to provide students a seamless transfer experience with the MyPath2ASU® program. MyPath2ASU allows students to take the steps needed, at the start of their college experience, to successfully plan their transfer to ASU, ensuring a smooth transition process and student success.
MyPath2ASU is a set of customized tools available to transfer students from accredited, U.S. regional institutions. These tools ensure a seamless transfer experience to ASU after earning credits or an associate degree from a U.S. community college or university and shortening the time to degree completion.
“The new partnership with ASU ensures our students will retain their college credits as they work towards their bachelor’s degree. Through use of the MyPath2ASU tool, students will have a seamless transition and also get the support they need and deserve,” said Chancellor Juan Salgado, City Colleges of Chicago. “I’m thankful to ASU for this collaboration and bolstering transfer student success.”
Through this partnership, students using MyPath2ASU will find their transfer experience simplified. They will have access to personalized benefits to help them navigate the transfer experience, to include:
- end-to-end learner navigation through course-by-course guided pathways
- ensure course applicability by assisting students with taking courses that apply to their associate and ASU bachelor’s degree
- guaranteed general admission to ASU and admission into MyPath2ASU major choice if all requirements are satisfied; some majors have additional or higher admission requirements
- more than 400 course-by-course guided pathways into immersion and online ASU degree programs
- self-service, degree progress tracking through My Transfer Guide to minimize loss of credit
- connected experience through personalized ASU communications to prepare academically and build a connection to ASU
ASU and City Colleges of Chicago will work collaboratively to promote educational degree pathways containing ground and online course offerings. These pathways will ensure their courses are applicable toward their degree in their chosen major and minimize credit loss.
City Colleges of Chicago’s vision is to be recognized as the city’s most accessible higher education engine of socioeconomic mobility and racial equity – empowering all Chicagoans to take part in building a stronger and more just city. Learn more about City Colleges of Chicago at www.ccc.edu, and to read more about City Colleges of Chicago 2021-2025 Strategic Plan Framework, visit www.ccc.edu/strategicplan or click here.
Arizona State University has developed a new model for the American research university, creating an institution that is committed to access, excellence and impact. ASU measures itself by those it includes, not by those it excludes. As the prototype for a New American University, ASU pursues research that contributes to the public good, and ASU assumes major responsibility for the economic, social and cultural vitality of the communities that surround it.