Twenty students from all seven City Colleges of Chicago are receiving financial support to continue their education at one of our Star transfer partners through the Star Plus Transfer Scholarship.

Now in its third year, the Star Plus Transfer Scholarship supports selected Star Scholars as they transition to one of City Colleges’ four-year Star transfer partners. Due to their good grades in high school, the Star Scholars received coverage for their tuition and books at City Colleges at no cost. As Star Plus Transfer Scholars, the 20 awardees will receive $5,000 for two years ($2,500 per year) to pursue their bachelor’s degrees.

This scholarship allows students like 2024 Star Plus Transfer Scholarship recipient Viridiana Vargas to focus more on success and less on finances. Viridiana attended City Colleges as a Star Scholar after graduating from Lake View High School. She recently transferred to Northeastern Illinois University to pursue her bachelor’s degree in art education.

“Receiving this scholarship won’t only support me and my education financially, but it supports me in believing, continuing, and validating my hard work and dedication for my future career,” Viridiana said. “It motivates me to continue my academic pursuits and push myself more to reach young minds and spread peace and creativity.”

City Colleges of Chicago is extremely proud of the scholars’ determination and dedication to academic excellence. Congratulations to the 2024 Star Plus Transfer Scholars!

Loading